Information and resources for conduit standards and pick up.
Requirements for conduit installationConduit installation is required for new construction services. We provide conduit for service installation at no charge. You can pick up your conduit between 7am – 9am, Monday – Friday (excluding holidays).
Tips for conduit standards
- Contact NW Natural for conduit installations greater than 200 feet.
- For safety reasons service depth and separation requirements are strictly enforced.
- Install conduit at least 12” from other utilities in the trench.
- Service depths for conduit installation are:
> Outside property line: 30” minimum; 36” maximum
Inside property line: 18” minimum; 24” maximum, or for cross lots, 24” minimum
- Tape or cap the ends of the installed conduit to prevent blockage.
- Mark the location of the installed PVC conduit with a section of conduit rising at least 2 feet above grade.
- Install conduit in straight runs, unless the installation is a cross lot or is otherwise approved by NW Natural.
- Backfill material should be free from rocks where the service line will be connected to the main or curb service.
- Meter placement should be marked separately and should meet all current meter requirements. Conduit should be properly installed before you place your service installation order.
Conduit pick up locations
Pick up conduit at these locationsCentral Coast
Call in advance to arrange pickup
1405 Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR
541-994-2111, ext. 8560
Central Willamette Valley
7150 Supra Dr. SW, Albany, OR
541-926-4253, ext. 8242
Conduit not available for pick up at this time.
Please visit one of our other service centers.
11218 NE 66th St., Vancouver, WA
360-571-5465, ext. 2070
Call in advance to arrange pickup or delivery
1125 Bargeway Rd, The Dalles, OR
971-808-7639 or ext. 8631
9222 SE Knapp, Portland, OR
503-226-4211, ext. 6770
176 W Marine Dr., Astoria, OR
North Willamette Valley
3123 Broadway NW, Salem, OR
503-585-6611, ext. 8060
12120 NE Inverness Dr., Portland, OR
503-226-4211, ext. 8770
7am-2:30pm every weekday. Go to Stores Desk inside building to receive conduit.
20285 SW Cipole Rd., Sherwood, OR 97140
503-226-4211, ext. 2976
Call ahead to arrange delivery
1625 N 7th St., Coos Bay, OR
541-267-5655, ext. 6530
South Willamette Valley
3000 N. Delta Hwy, Eugene, OR 97408
541-342-3661, ext. 8334
21605 NW Amberwood Dr., Hillsboro, OR
503-226-4211, ext. 6970
How to properly locate a meter.
Register your account online.
View and pay bills, see gas use, and compare use over time.