NW Natural Awards $500,000 in Grants for Five Northwest
Media contact: email@example.com; 503-818-9845 (pager)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 9, 2019
- A Village for One empowers each member of the community, or village, to unite to heal the impact of commercial sexual exploitation on our youth and community. It provides a safe and healthy environment for our impacted youth to heal physically, mentally, and spiritually. As part of its efforts to heal youth and our community, it also provides training, outreach, and advocacy.
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation’s “Clean Energy. Bright Futures” program is focused on supporting educator leadership, illuminating energy career pipelines, eliminating opportunity gaps and inequitable access to these careers, and bringing energy education to life in classrooms.
- Community Warehouse is the only furniture bank serving the greater Portland area. Its mission is to provide essential household furnishings to neighbors in need, creating stronger homes and brighter futures for all. Organized in the mid-1990s to support refugees from the former Soviet Union, it has grown dramatically over 18 years.
- Janus Youth Programs serves more than 6,000 at-risk children, youth and families each year, providing a second chance to kids who have few resources and no place to turn for help. Since 1972, Janus has grown to become one of the largest nonprofits in the Northwest, operating more than 40 different programs that span Oregon and Washington.
- Portland Homeless Family Solutions empowers homeless families with children to get back into housing and to stay there long-term. It envisions a community where no family experiences homelessness and where every family receives the support and compassion necessary to thrive.
NW Natural provides natural gas service to approximately two million people in more than 140 communities through 750,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. It consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores. NW Natural is part of Northwest Natural Holding Company, (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings), which is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and owns NW Natural, NW Natural Water Company, and other business interests and activities.