At NW Natural, we believe that focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s the path to excellence and innovation. We know that we all benefit when we amplify underrepresented voices, celebrate our differences, and create an environment where everyone can contribute, thrive and prosper.
We are not perfect, as a company, community or country. We have a long way to go and much work to do — individually and collectively — to dismantle the white supremacy that is embedded in our systems and institutions. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive culture and ensuring racial and gender equity in all aspects of our work, from the way we hire and operate every day, to the biggest decisions we make as a business.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council has championed the inclusion and equity of underrepresented groups in our company and community for 20 years. Today, we continue to broaden that work through a growing fleet of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which offer our employees the opportunity to connect and influence our workplace culture:
- African American ERG
- Asian American ERG
- LGBTQ+ ERG
- Women’s Network
Officer team support
Our CEO and Officer team, in partnership with our DE&I Council, commits to:
- Reinforce our zero-tolerance policy for racism and discrimination at NW Natural
- Hold listening sessions to understand the experience and needs of BIPOC, LGBTQ+, female-identified and veteran employees
- Foster an inclusive and diverse culture/workforce in our existing employee population
- Recruit more diversity into NW Natural, focusing on BIPOC, female, trans and non-binary talent
- Assess and expand our ability to work with diverse suppliers
- Increase the impact on our diverse supplier network
- Foster diversity, equity and inclusion in our communities through partnerships, volunteering and financial support
- Ensure all customers have equitable access to natural gas programs and resources
NW Natural is committed to doing our part to create equity both internally and in our community. Together, we hope to create a world where everyone can experience an equal sense of belonging, contribution and opportunity.